Although cleansers, serums, and moisturizers are the popular favorites for skincare regimens, another type of product that is highly effective for reducing visible signs of aging are eye products. In this article, we’ll show you how eye products can make your patients look significantly younger and grow your brand.
Why do patients need eye products?
The eye area is one of the most unique for its dermatological properties. This area has less subcutaneous fat, fewer oil glands, and less collagen than the rest of the face, making it more susceptible to poor drainage, dryness, capillary damage, and wrinkles.
Especially as patients get older, it can be difficult to keep the eye area hydrated and bright, and this region is one of the earliest to show fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and other visible signs of aging. Conversely, healthy eye area skin is one of the most effective skin care interventions to help patients look younger.
Although a normal moisturizer can help brighten the eye area, specially formulated eye products are far more effective for addressing the unique needs of eye area skin, like improving drainage, removing dark circles and crows feet, and brightening. Additionally, eye products are safer for use around the eyes than most moisturizers.
What eye products does CosMedical carry?
CosMedical Technologies® offers two eye products to our private label partner brands: Ultra Benefits® Eye Gel and Ultra Firming Eye.
Ultra Benefits® Eye Gel is an eye gel variation of our Ultra Benefits® moisturizer formula. It contains:
- Lipochroman®, the strongest antioxidant on the market, to protect sensitive eye-area skin from pollution and environmental hazards, promoting moisture, firmness, and brightness.
- Chromabright®, an advanced fade ingredient that significantly brightens the skin, removing dark circles and crows feet while also protecting against UVA, UVB, and HEV light.
- Firming peptides help improve eye area skin elasticity and collagen health.
Ultra Firming Eye is an anti-puff eye cream. It contains:
- A peptide complex, including hesperidine methyl chalcone, dipeptide valyl-tryptophane, and lipopeptide Pal-GQPR, to promote drainage, strengthen capillaries, and improve firmness and elasticity.
- Sea whip, a marine extract that protects against environmental pollution and quickly firms and hydrates for a more youthful eye contour.
These two products have similar benefits and accomplish similar goals. The most notable differences are their ingredients and their texture – Ultra Benefits® Eye Gel is a gel, while Ultra Firming Eye is a cream. Patients typically have a personal preference for gel or cream, so we recommend carrying both.
How to use our eye products to grow your brand
Eye products are often thought of as auxiliary, and we’ve found that our partners are most successful when promoting these products as an extra “good to have” product rather than a regimen essential like a cleanser or moisturizer. This gives your brand more unique positioning opportunities for eye products:
- Add-ons and impulse buys. We highly recommend selling eye products near your register or checkout area, where they can be quickly added to an order.
- Promotion bonuses. For example, you could run a promotion where you offer a free eye product with a purchase over a certain amount, enticing buyers to order more products while multiplying results.
- Gifts. With their small size and easy-to-add, nice-to-have nature, eye products make fantastic gifts. Gift recipients will be thrilled to try out a new product without having to substitute out any old favorites.
- Bundles and kits. Eye products create great upsell opportunities in product packages. Offer patients a complete regimen bundle, with a cleanser, serum, moisturizer, and SPF, and include an eye product as part of the bundle or as a free gift with purchase for even better results.
Don’t be fooled – even though eye products might not be the most essential products in a skincare regimen, they pack an outsized punch in terms of anti-aging benefits. Once patients try them out and see the results, they’ll be back for more.
Learn more about how to offer impulse buys and nice-to-have products in this article next.