When it comes to growing your business, it’s tempting to put a lot of energy into acquiring new customers. After all, the more people are exposed to your brand, the more new sales you’ll make. It seems intuitive; however, the numbers tell a slightly different story. Nurturing repeat customers could be far more profitable — and skincare kits are an easy place to start.
Customer Retention Facts
- Getting new people in the door is expensive. Attracting a new customer costs 5 times more than keeping one you already have.
- New prospects are less likely to buy. The likelihood that they’ll make a purchase is only 5-20% compared to 60-70% for existing customers.
- Long-term customers spend a lot more overall. By the third year, they spend 67% more than in the first year.
- Core customers are worth keeping. On average, 80% of a company’s profits come from 20% percent of their customers.
Turning Skincare Kits into Repeat Sales
As we learned in last week’s article, clients who purchase kits are interested in making big changes to their skincare. They’re uniquely open to new product suggestions; more importantly, it means they’re searching for their new go-to brand. With a few simple customer retention strategies, it’s the perfect opportunity to cultivate their loyalty and keep them coming back to do business with you.
- Show them the next step. Make it easy for the client to come back and buy their favorite items, either in person or online. Provide a business card, product sheet, or other take-home material with your contact information and eCommerce website.
- Check in with the customer. Re-engage them with a followup email about their recent purchase (with a link to reorder) or inquire about their product experience during their next visit.
- Offer an incentive. Whether it’s a voucher to repurchase one of the items in the kit for 30% off, an email with a site-wide coupon, or an exclusive limited-time deal, incentivizing the client to return helps build repeat business.
Our bestselling skincare kits are clinically proven to deliver dramatic results, and with multiple products, each offers multiple chances to find a new favorite. Stay in front of these clients and you’ll turn happy customers into loyal long-term customers, maximizing your revenue per person.