Good skincare doesn’t look the same as it did 20, 10, or even 5 years ago. Evolving consumer values and brand-new scientific developments have raised the bar higher, and like we observed last week, the market is shifting toward a better standard of product.
Here’s how different types of skincare are getting smarter in 2020 — and which cutting-edge CosMedical solutions are this year’s must-haves for your private label collection.
Moisturizers have become far more complex and effective than they’ve been in the past. No longer designed only to condition skin and keep wrinkles at bay, this daily skincare staple goes the extra mile.
- Moisturize multiple ways by combining emollients, occlusives, and humectants
- Photoprotective and pollution-fighting antioxidants
- Array of actives to visibly improve skin (plumpness, smoothness, luminosity)
- Strengthen skin’s protective barrier
- Prevent and repair the appearance of premature aging
Recommended: Ultra Benefits®
Designed to address specific skin concerns, serums are becoming an increasingly essential part of modern skincare routines. (Many people own multiple formulas and swap them in as needed.) Although each offers different benefits, serums share the ability to penetrate into deeper layers of skin to deliver actives where moisturizers can’t reach.
- Defend against damage caused by blue light, pollution, and UV radiation
- Rejuvenate from within — act on pigment, collagen, and elastin
- Bind moisture into skin cells
- Brighten and even out tone
- Calm inflammation
Recommended: HA+ Firming Boost
Protective Lip Care
This oft-neglected area in skincare has been growing in popularity in the last year, and for good reason — the skin on the lips is thinner with a weaker barrier, which means less innate protection from harmful environmental toxins that lead to premature aging.
- Nourishing vitamins and antioxidants
- Prevent and repair daily environmental damage
- Fight the look of lip thinning, wrinkling, and color changes
Recommended: Lip Benefits®
Hybrid Eye Treatments
Although eye care has been popular for a long time, the industry has made great strides since the days of ultrarich, creamy eye creams. Newer products typically combine the effects of both a serum and moisturizer, delivering a buffet of benefits tailored to the unique needs of the delicate eye area.
- Lightweight gel formula for deeper absorption
- Visible depuffing and brightening effects
- Long-term strengthening, tightening, and smoothing
- Anti-aging antioxidant protection
Recommended: Ultra Benefits® Eye Gel
Daily year-round sun protection is on its way to being the accepted norm. Luckily, formulas have come a long way. In addition to broad-spectrum SPF 30+ defense from UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays, modern sunscreen features additional skincare benefits in a cosmetically elegant formula that’s comfortable for everyday use, with or without makeup.
- Pollution and blue light protection
- Repair photodamage and visible signs of aging
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and oxybenzone-free
- Reef-safe ingredients
Recommended: Ultra Replenishing Sunscreen
Ultimately, Smart Skincare Means…
...cleaner formulas (free of irritating, sensitizing, and toxic substances) with proven natural and synthetic ingredients that deliver advanced skin-perfecting benefits plus comprehensive protection from multiple types of environmental damage.
Want to learn more?
Discover our in-depth summary of what’s changing the face of skincare in last week’s article — New Year, New Era: 3 Skincare Trends That Are Here to Stay.