Skinimalism: Less Is More
December holds a challenge for both new and experienced skincare users. For new users, who may receive a cleanser or serum as a gift this holiday season, they are faced with a learning curve to expand their regimens — what products should they buy, and which ones are most important?
For the experienced, the cold and dry winter means their routine will be pushed to the limit. It can be hard to avoid overapplying or adding new products to their routine to compensate for the lack of moisture, but this can cause irritation and redness if they’re not careful.
Enter skinimalism, a solution for skincare lovers both new and old and a trend that is taking the world by storm.
What Is Skinimalism?
With a name combining “skin” and “minimalism,” skinimalism is just what it sounds like: using the least quantity and variety of products to make skin look great.
Skinimalism doesn’t mean giving up fantastic-looking skin — it simply means getting to that wonderful skin in as few steps as possible. It embraces a mindset of “less is more,” cutting out anything nonessential. It has been getting increasingly popular over the past few years, and it doesn’t just apply to skincare. Skinimalists also insist on using a minimal amount of beauty products like makeup, for example.
The trend has caught on for a few great reasons. First of all, using smaller amounts and eliminating superfluous products saves money. Besides this, skinimalism avoids the problems that result from overapplication and product mixing, which can lead to irritation, dryness or redness if patients aren’t careful. Using as few products as needed also keeps skincare routines simple and easy.
Skinimalism And CosMedical Technologies
CosMedical and our clients embrace the skinimalist mindset, using high-potency, multi-purpose products to reach significant results in as few steps as possible. All of our products offer multiple benefits, including:
- Ultra Benefits®, a moisturizer that firms, brightens, protects against environmental free radicals and reverses and prevents visible signs of aging.
- Ultra Replenishing SPF 40, a vegan sunscreen with protection against UVA/UVB and HEV light that hydrates, firms and is a tinted formula that also can be used as a makeup primer.
- Salicylic Face & Body Wash, a cleanser that lightly exfoliates, calms and smoothes — without dehydrating!
- C-Stem®, a potent anti-aging serum that moisturizes, brightens, calms, firms, protects and improves pore appearance.
- Vita Soothe, a rejuvenating serum that instantly hydrates, smoothes, calms irritated skin and redness, protects, brightens and restores a healthy skin barrier.
These are just a handful of examples — all of our products similarly serve several purposes, helping patients decrease the number of steps in their routines while getting fantastic results that feel and look great.
Our products are carefully formulated by an expert dermatologist and are tested to ensure they have no harmful side effects. CosMedical’s products are always safe to use together, and patients won’t experience negative side effects or irritation if they overapply.For a few different simple regimens and product combinations that leverage the multi-purpose nature of our formulas to create powerful results, try our systems.