Spring is in the air, and in the next few weeks, the frost will turn into a beautiful thaw. These are some of our favorite times at CosMedical because the changing seasons give patients more flexibility to fine-tune their regimens after the hydration-focused winter.
With that in mind, spring is serum season! In this post, you’ll learn about the different serums that CosMedical offers and how to use them to help your patients reach their skin goals.
The Role Of Serums In A Skincare Regimen
Serums are the most customizable step in a regimen. While cleansers, exfoliants, moisturizers and sunscreen won’t change much once your patients find their favorite products, serums can be switched in and out to focus on different skin goals, whether it’s brightness, smoothness or protection.
We recognize that there are many overlaps between these goals, so our serums all contain cocktails of different active ingredients to give multiple benefits. Many contain powerful antioxidants which both protect from environmental hazards and improve radiance, while others hydrate skin for overall skin health, smoothness and brightness.
CosMedical’s Serum Products
CosMedical Technologies offers six serum products that give unique results. As spring approaches, consider the needs and goals of your patients to decide which products to stock.
- Lipid Drops is a replenishing serum that restores lipids in the skin barrier to instantly and continuously improve moisture for smoothness, glow and plumpness.
- Vita Soothe is a protective replenishing serum that contains the same moisturizing lipids as Lipid Drops, plus vitamins E and F and Lipochroman®, the strongest antioxidant on the market. In addition to powerful hydration, Vita Soothe protects the skin barrier against environmental pollution and treats redness, rosacea and acne. We especially recommend it for all post-procedure patients.
- Advanced Retinol is a wrinkle and tone corrector with 0.5% retinol, a form of vitamin A, that significantly boosts collagen production. By creating more healthy, young skin cells, skin appears brighter and plumper, wrinkles and lines are diminished and hyperpigmentation spots are eliminated. Advanced Retinol also contains powerfully moisturizing lipids to keep skin smooth and fresh.
- Green Tea Antioxidant Serum is a mattifier that works like an oil-free moisturizer that’s also protective. Green tea, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid hydrate, nourish and protect skin with a matte, non-greasy finish that’s perfect for the warmer weather.
- C-Stem® is a concentrated anti-aging serum that dramatically improves the appearance of lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and pores. It uses concentrated collagen-promoting variants of vitamin C and marine extracts to bolster new skin growth, brighten and protect.
- HA+ Firming Boost is a protective hydrating serum that uses hyaluronic acid, snow mushroom extract and AquaCell, a fruit extract complex, for powerful 24-hour moisture and firmness. It also contains winter cherry and botanicals for radiance and environmental and light protection.
We recommend letting patients try different serums to find their favorites. Not only does each give different results, but they feel different on application, with different blends of soothing botanicals and extracts, and multiple serums can also be used together.